Sunday, August 3, 2014

Saying Goodbye

One of the most difficult things we have to do each summer is say goodbye to the kids and grandkids, whom we will not see for probably another year.

At Christa's rental house we hauled bag after bag down to the car and tried to figure out the physics of putting that much that stuff in that small a car.

For Quinn and Conner it was just another "hare plane" ride, this time around 6,500 miles and a 12-hour flight. I don't envy Christa and Nash for this long a flight, but Christa seems to have it down to a science with books, games, and iPad movies.

I always have a tear in my eye when I kiss Quinn and Conner goodbye, knowing they will be much different people when I see them next. Love you guys!

Mimi getting Quinn ready for the "hare plane" ride.
All ready to go back home to Hong Kong.
These kids have more frequent flyer miles than most adults.
Let's see, I hope I have enough room left for the kids.
Everybody goes to the airport with a water ski on their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment